The City Headlines
Ludhiana, February 14
Punjab Assembly elections are scheduled for February 20. Just a week before the elections, Congress’ Chief Minister candidate Charanjit Singh Channi made some big announcements for the education and other sectors of Punjab.
Here are the key announcements made by Charanjit Singh Channi
- CM Channi said that free education will be provided in government schools, colleges and universities of Punjab.
- A scholarship scheme will be started for the needy students of the General category.
- In a year, one lakh government jobs would be provided.
- A fees regulation commission would be formed to regulate the fee structure of schools and colleges.
- Emphasis would be given to technical education
- Zero-interest loans would be given to the young entrepreneurs
- In six months, the roofs of all the houses in Punjab would be fixed
- Eight LPG cylinders would be provided free of cost in a year