Ludhiana witnessed a shocking incident on Thursday, December 23. A bomb blast happened inside the District Court Complex around 12:30 pm.
Here is a complete report in just 10 points
- The blast took place around 12:30 pm inside the bathroom of the second floor of the building. The impact of the blast was such that the walls, glass panes of the building were completely shattered.
- One casualty has been confirmed and a total of six people were injured in the blast. The injured are now out of danger. Two have been admitted to DMC, Two to Civil Hospital, one to CMC and one to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital.
- An FIR has been filed against unknown people under various sections of the Explosive Act, Sedition, Anti-terror law, attempt to murder, and UAPA.
- The preliminary reports suggest that the deceased was carrying the bomb. Ludhiana Commissioner of Police, Gurpreet Singh Bhullar said, “In the preliminary investigation, it has been found that the deceased in blast was carrying the bomb. The NSG and NIA teams are working.”
- The court was functioning when the incident took place. However, some of the lawyers were on the strike due to which the rush was less. “More casualties would have been reported had the blast taken place around 1 pm (Lunch time). Because everyone has to use the washroom,” a lawyer, also an eyewitness, said.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs have asked for a complete report of the incident.
- When the incident happened, the farmers were also protesting around the court premises.
- The nurses of the Civil Hospital were also protesting. However, understanding the seriousness of the situation, they came forward to help the injured.
- A religious tattoo (Khanda) has been found on the arm of the deceased.
- Police Commissioner’s Office, Deputy Commissioner’s Office is within a radius of 300 metres from where the incident happened. Section 144 has been imposed in Ludhiana.
Published by- Manav Bansal