The City Headlines
Ludhiana, January 19
The coronavirus cases in Ludhiana are rapidly increasing. Today, as many as 1462 samples from Ludhiana have been tested positive for coronavirus. Of those, 1325 belong to Ludhiana and 137 belong to other districts and states.
The worrying aspect is that 20 of the total active cases are in on ventilator support and 11 of them belong to Ludhiana.
Also, 8 deaths have been reported in Ludhiana today.
- 64-year-old male resident of Isa Nagri (CMC Hospital)
- 60-year-old male resident of Sudhar (SPS Hospital)
- 65-year-old female resident of Rajguru Nagar (SPS Hospital)
- 26-year-old female resident of Bhagat Singh Nagar (Deep Hospital)
- 65-year-old female resident of Gill Road (Civil Hospital Ludhiana)
- 76-year-old male resident of Harkrishan Nagar (CMC Hospital)
- One deceased belong to Kapurthala district and one belonged to Jammu
With this, the death toll in Ludhiana due to coronavirus has reached 2153.
Active coronavirus cases in Ludhiana
The number of active coronavirus cases in Ludhiana are also increasing. Currently, there are 8185 active coronavirus cases in Ludhiana. Of those, 8010 are home isolated. 16 patients are admitted to government hospitals and 159 patients are admitted to private hospitals.
Samples taken for testing
The coronavirus testing in Ludhiana has increased in the city. As many as 7226 samples were taken and sent for testing.
Active micro-containment zones
In Ludhiana, there are 17 active micro-containment zones. The areas are
- South City
- Dugri Phase-1
- Udham Singh Nagar Block -C
- Daulat Street Civil Lines
- Surya Vihar Rishi Nagar
- College Road
- Sarabha Nagar (Block- B, F, G, H, J, K)
- Durgapuri Haibowal
- Sandeep Nagar near Bharat Nagar
- Patel Nagar Civil Lines
- Panchsheel Vihar Barewal
- Industrial Area A, Millerganj