The City Headlines
Ludhiana, January 26
As many as 751 new coronavirus cases have been reported in Ludhiana today. Of those, 638 people belong to Ludhiana and 113 belong to other districts and states.
Other than that, 7 deaths have been reported in Ludhiana today. The active micro-containment zones in Ludhiana have also decreased. Currently, there are 16 active micro-containment zones in Ludhiana.
Death toll in Ludhiana
Death toll in Ludhiana due to coronavirus has reached 2194. Those who lost their lives in Ludhiana today includes
- 28-years-old male resident of Bhattian (Civil Hospital Ludhiana)
- 55-year-old male resident of Khanna (DMC Hospital Ludhiana)
- 77-year-old female resident of Udham Singh Nagar (DMC Hospital)
- 58-year-old male resident of village Duse (Global Heart)
- 65-year-old male resident of village Dhodal Malaud (Sobti Hospital)
- 1 person from Mansa and 1 from Gurdaspur district
Micro-containment zones in Ludhiana
- South City
- Panchsheel Vihar Barewal
- Industrial Area Millerganj
- Professor Colony Barewal
- Krishan Nagar
- New Deep Nagar
- Village Maksudra
- Kidwai Nagar
- Bhaini Baringa
- Abdullapur Basti
- Ramgarh Sivia
- Sector 39-A
- Rajiv Enclave
- Dolo Kalan
Coronavirus testing in Ludhiana
As many as 7300 samples have been sent for testing in Ludhiana today.
Active coronavirus cases in Ludhiana
As the recovery rate in Ludhiana has increased, the active coronavirus cases in Ludhiana are decreasing. Currently, there are 5884 active coronavirus cases in Ludhiana. Of those, 5638 patients are home isolated. 14 patients are admitted to government hospitals and 232 patients are admitted to private hospitals. 25 patients are on ventilator support and 11 of those belong to Ludhiana.