The City Headlines
Ludhiana, May 2
On Monday, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann headed the cabinet meeting and made some important decisions for the state.
Several decisions have been taken by the Punjab cabinet today including:
- Approval of One MLA, one pension scheme
- Approval of 26454 job posts in various departments
- Approval to door-step delivery of ration scheme
- In case of damage caused to cotton crop in Muktsar district, a compensation of Rs. 41.89 crore has been sanctioned. Of that, Rs. 38.08 crore is for farmers and Rs. 3.81 crore is for farm labourers.
- For small transporters, the time limit for submission of fees has been extended to 3 months. Also, they can now pay the fees in installments.